As the winner of 18 consecutive “Best Overall Cruise Value” awards from the World Ocean and Cruise Liner Society, and consistently among the highest-rated premium cruise lines year after year in Conde Nast Traveler’s “Readers’ Choice Awards” and Travel + Leisure magazine’s, “World’s Best” awards, Holland America Line is known for gracious and attentive service. Its ships have one of the highest staff-members-to-guest ratios. Spacious staterooms average 25 percent larger and verandahs twice as large as those on other lines’ ships. Dining choices include formal elegance, intimate specialty dining, casual fare and complimentary 24-hour room service.
Holland America Line’s ongoing Signature of Excellence initiative has invested more than $540 million in shipboard enhancements including the Culinary Arts Center presented by Food & Wine magazine “a state-of-the-art onboard show kitchen” where more than 60 celebrated guest chefs and culinary experts provide cooking demonstrations and classes, Explorations Café powered by the New York Times, teens-only activity areas, new stateroom amenities including flat-panel TVs and plush-top Mariner’s Dream Beds.
With the introduction of the 2,104 passenger ms Eurodam in June, 2008, Holland America Line’s fleet grew to 14 ships, offering nearly 500 cruises from more than 25 home ports. Itineraries range from two to 108 days, visit all seven continents and all of Travel + Leisure magazine’s “Top 25 Cruise Destinations.” A 15th ship, ms Nieuw Amsterdam, joined the fleet in July 2010.
Key Selling Points
1. The leader in worldwide premium cruises, Holland America Line offers the widest selection of cruise destinations and itineraries among major cruise lines.
2. Stylish and comfortable ships with extra measures of personal comfort, staterooms averaging 25-50% larger then other line’s ships, one of the highest staff members to guests ratios, and the classic elegance preferred by experienced cruisers.
3. The perfect choice for multi-generational family groups, with Club HAL for kids, spa and fitness programs for adults and a range of dining option for all.
4. Consistently receives high ratings for guest satisfaction, acknowledged for exceptional value and has one of the highest repeat factors in the cruise industry.
5. Menus are among the most extensive at sea. As You Wish dining allows guests to choose either traditional pre-set seating and dining times, or a completely flexible dining schedule.
6. Enhanced onboard features and programs including the food demos and classes by shipboard and celebrated chefs in the Culinary Arts Center presented by Food and Wine magazine.
- Amazon River
- Australia/New Zealand
- Black Sea
- British Isles
- Canada/New England
- Canary Islands/Northern Africa
- Central America
- Cruises to Nowhere
- E. Mediterranean/Aegean
- Far East/Orient
- Middle East
- Panama Canal
- Red Sea/Suez Canal
- Scandinavia/North Cape
- SE Mediterranean
- South America
- South Pacific/Tahiti
- Southeast Asia
- W. Mediterranean
- West Coast US